The excitement continues to build for the second annual International Bulk Wine & Spirits Show (IBWSS) in San Francisco, which is the only show of its type in the United States. Registrations for IBWSS San Francisco 2018 are now open, but places are filling up fast!
With just a few months to go until the event in July, there has already been strong word-of-mouth buzz about some of the high-profile speakers coming to San Francisco, as well as some of the exhibitors heading to the trade show floor of the South San Francisco Conference Center. There’s palpable excitement around the growth of the bulk wine industry within the U.S.
The speakers appearing at the business conference component of IBWSS San Francisco 2018 will offer their insights based on in-depth market studies and perspectives gained from successful careers within the industry. The bulk wine market is now an incredibly important part of the overall U.S. wine market, and having a chance to meet and interact with these speakers during the two-day business conference will be invaluable. This is just a quick overview of what you will learn:
• How to build a national private label brand – Kevin Mehra, President and Founder of Latitude Beverage, will offer solid tips on marketing, branding, sales and distribution for private label brand owners, wineries, breweries and distilleries;
• Setting up your sales channels to double your revenue – Eric Guerra, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer at Terravant Wine Company, will lead a must-attend session that will help you build your sales process and break it down to various components in growing your top line for your winery, brewery or distillery;
• How to effectively merchandise and price private label wines – Jeffrey P. Cody, Wine Buyer for Whole Foods, will explain how mainstream wine retail pricing can impact your private label sales as well as how to set up promo retail pricing;
• How to crack the code of national account sales – Larry McGinn, Founding Member of IMI Agency, will provide a deep dive into getting national accounts, including what it takes to pitch big-box chains;
• How to build a control brand that scales – Jim Kopp, Director of National Accounts at The Thornhill Companies, will review a five-step “RAPID” approach to building a control brand that achieves escape velocity.
Whether you are looking for insights on how to optimize an already-existing business model, or how to create a new business model and strategy from scratch, the insights provided by these speakers will be invaluable. You’ll learn how to maintain the quality of your bulk supply program, how to deal with regulatory issues when they arise, and how to navigate troubling shipping and logistics issues.
In addition, there will be plenty of opportunities to meet one-on-one with some of the biggest names in the industry. Whether it’s talking with wine experts and thought leaders or asking questions during one of the two informative panel discussions scheduled for the event, you’ll have access to the latest thinking from industry insiders. This is more than just one-size-fits-all thinking: this is a real opportunity to hear well-articulated answers customized for your specific business.
In addition, the trade show component of the IBWSS San Francisco event will give supermarkets, retailers, restaurants, wineries, distilleries and other buyers a premier international platform to source bulk wine and spirits and meet private label suppliers. For two days, you’ll have a chance to spend time on the trade show floor, meeting one-on-one with both buyers and sellers in the very center of California wine country.
IBWSS buyers represent a diverse lot: wineries looking to meet their demand, importers looking to diversify their portfolio, retailers thinking about creating their own private labels, and brokers who are looking to meet new growers and producers. There are plenty of opportunities to get in front of all of them at IBWSS San Francisco and make your mark on the rapidly-growing U.S. bulk wine market.
By participating at this blockbuster event in San Francisco this summer, you will walk away with the knowledge, connections and relationships needed to prosper in the competitive U.S. bulk wine marketplace for years to come.
WHEN AND WHERE
25 & 26 July, 2018, South San Francisco Conference Center, San Francisco, California