6 ribs celery cleaned and chopped
3 red peppers cleaned and cut smaller
3 med onions, cleaned and cut into 1/4
3 big or 6 med carrots
8 cups of conch minced or processed fine
3 potatoes cubed 1×1 cm
6 bay leaves
2 tbsp whole allspice
2 tbsp ground paprika
1 tbsp black pepper
4 tbsp tomato paste
12 sprigs fresh thyme or 1tbsp dried thyme
red pepper flakes to taste
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 bunch parsley
8x spring onions
6 tbsp oil
salt to taste
10 cups water
1. Blend the first 5 ingredients in food processor. until coarse, separately. Put into a pot.
2. Mince or blend conch until fine add to vegetables.
3. Add the water and stir until no lumps. Put onto stove
4.Add oil & all spices and herbs except for parsley and spring onions & bring to a boil.
5. Boil 20 min. add potatoes boil until cooked or desired thickness, adjust seasoning.
6. Add parsley , spring onions and vinegar.
7. Serve steaming hot , enjoy!
P.S ( reduce ingredients to suit your # of portions )
Editor: We tasted this at Bohio and it is excellent!